Lives and works in Kyiv. In 2007, teamed up with other like-minded people and founded ArtPole Agency in order i to unite artists working in various areas — painters, musicians, performers, writers. Developed the concepts and initiated several notable multidisciplinary projects, both Ukrainian and international.
Resident of Center for Contemporary Art Zamek Ujazdowski (Warsaw, 2012), Artist-in-Residence at Villa Waldberta (Munich, 2015), Gaude Polonia scholar (Poznan, 2016).
Continues working on the development of interaction between various art disciplines, particularly performance, music, literature and video art.
In performance, often tries to study the primal senses of words by referring to her own system of emotional signs and symbols. Works with the topic of information as such.
- Crimea. Third dimension — audio-visual installations, Urban CAD (Kherson), Crimean Home (Kyiv), Asortymentna Kimnata (Ivano-Frankivsk, 2021)
- Say “Light” — personal exhibition as part of “International Book Arsenal Festival”, Mystetskyi Arsenal (Kyiv, 2021)
- Drops — personal exhibition, Na Poshti (Ternopil), Asortymentna Kimnata (Ivano-Frankivsk, 2021)
- rozdILovI — multidisciplinary project: idea and visualization — Olia Mykhailiuk, poetry — Serhiy Zhadan, music — Oleksiy Vorsoba and Tomasz Sikora, dance — Andrea Maria Handler; started in 2012 and presented at multiple festivals in Ukraine and abroad, currently developed in the virtual space
- rememberMINT — multimedia collage that combines author’s photo/video from Donbass, documentary interviews and performance; presented in ten cities in Ukraine, as well as at the festival of documentary theater and performance Akcent in Prague and OtWARta Ząbkowska in Warsaw
- _just_went_away — performance, gallery Gedok (Munich, 2014), center for contemporary art DOX as part of the exhibition “Reconstruction of Memory” (Prague, 2017), as part of the exhibition “On the Frontline” at Museum of Memory and Tolerance (Mexico, 2019) and Oseredok UCEC (Winnipeg, 2020)
- In Word — performance as part of the exhibition “A Century of the Ukrainian Abstraction” at Taras Shevchenko National Museum (Kyiv, 2019)
- An Endless Journey, or the Aeneid — multimedia collage by Yurii Andrukhovych, Mark Tokar, and Viktor Novozhylov directed by Olia Mykhailiuk, Mystetskyi Arsenal (Kyiv, 2017), National Art Museum of Ukraine (Kyiv, 2018), cities at the front line, as well as Kharkiv, Poltava and Khmelnytskyi as part of literature festivals
- Granica — participation in multidisciplinary collaborative project (Poznan-Kyiv-Mariupol, 2017)
- wor(l)ds — performance, Cultural Center Giesinger Bahnhof (Munich, 2015), 48 Stunden Neukölln Festival, UP Gallery (Berlin, 2016), Port creative hub (Kyiv, 2017)
- God Will Do the Rest — video installation, University of Fine Arts (Poznan, 2016)
- The Simplest Words — video poetry, Galeria Labirynt (Lublin, 2016)
- cut—shut—tore apart — performance, Giesinger Bahnhof (Munich, 2015)
- Albert, or The Highest Form of Execution — show by Yurii Andrukhovych, Uliana Horbachevska and Mark Tokar directed by Olia Mykhailiuk; premiered at major Ukrainian festivals, such as ArtPole, Meridian Czernowitz and GogolFest; in 2015, as part of International Festival MitOst, was premiered in German; in 2017, as part of WROCloveUKRAINA, was premiered in Polish
- Samohon—Cynamon—Absinthe — multidisciplinary project by Yurii Andrukhovych and music band Karbido (Wroclaw) with visualization by Olia Mykhailiuk together with vj-group Cube
- International Multidisciplinary Festival “Sheshory”, later “ArtPole” — creative director; festival took place in 2003-2014 in Ivano-Frankivsk, Vinnytsia, Luhansk and Odesa regions and in Crimea
During the annexation of Crimea and Donbass by Russia in 2014, Olia visited the invaded territories, which resulted in journalistic series Crimea. To Look Into the Eyes and Donbas. It’s All About Love published in “Ukrainska Pravda”. Currently runs her own blog at LB.ua